At the very top of the list when planning a getaway is seeing one of the seven natural wonders of the world. There are so many factors that go into planning a perfect trip, but do you know what the most important thing is when going on vacation? Take our word for it; it isn’t packing as much clothing as possible or making sure your luggage isn’t overweight. The most important part of any trip, especially to see one of the Seven Natural Wonders Of The World, is having an itinerary that covers everything you need to know and gives you everything you need to see. There are several things you should take into consideration when planning a trip to Niagara Falls. If you aren’t aware, Ontario is home to two magnificent waterfalls: Hamilton and the much more famous Niagara Falls. Whether you want to spend more time outdoors hiking or simply relax in luxury at one of many hotels, we have all the insider information on everything Niagara Falls has to offer.
Things to Know Before Visiting Niagara Falls
- The falls are actually made up of three waterfalls; the Bridal Veil Falls, the Horseshoe Falls and the American Falls - The Niagara River is about 17 miles long and flows between Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- The Horseshoe Falls are about 66 feet higher than the Bridal Veil Falls and 168 feet higher than the American Falls
- There are over 2,500 species of bacteria in the water at the base of Horseshoe Falls - The Niagara River and the Great Lakes Basin are home to almost 1,000 species of migratory birds
- The American Falls are the third highest falls in the world when measured by the amount of water flowing over them
- The Horseshoe Falls are the second-highest falls in the world when measured by the amount of water flowing over them
Stay at a Hotel With A View
- While visiting Niagara Falls, staying at one of the best hotels with a view is a must. If you don’t have a room that overlooks the falls, then you might as well just get up and go home. Having a view from your hotel room isn’t as hard as it sounds. All you have to do is do a little bit of research and find a hotel that looks out onto the falls and has a room available. There are many hotels with a view, but we recommend the Sheraton at the Falls. This hotel is the perfect place to stay if you want to be right in the middle of all the action. The hotel overlooks Horseshoe Falls, which means you can see the falls from your hotel room and the hotel’s balcony as well. There are also many shops, restaurants and attractions near the hotel.
- Niagara Falls is a great place to go hiking because the area is so vast. There are many trails to choose from, but we recommend going to the Niagara Gorge State Park. This park is located in the New York portion of Niagara Falls and is home to the Whirlpool Gorge. The Niagara Gorge State Park is about 22 miles long, so you have plenty of room to explore. There are many trails throughout the park to choose from, but we recommend going to the Whirlpool Gorge. This trail is about 3.5 miles long and ends at the Whirlpool, where you can get an up-close-and-personal view of the famous eddy.
See the Falls
- Visiting the falls isn’t just something you do; it’s a whole experience in itself. The falls are beautiful, especially when you see them in person. The only way to truly appreciate them is to go and see them for yourself. There are two different ways to see the falls when visiting Niagara Falls. The first way is to go to the Niagara Parks Visitors’ Center, which is located next to the Horseshoe Falls. Here, you can see the falls from a distance and learn more about them as well. The other way to see the falls is to take a boat ride. There are several different boat rides you can take, but we recommend going on the Hornblower. Not only does this boat ride take you up close to the Horseshoe Falls, but it also takes you to Niagara on the Lake.
Take a Boat Ride
- If you truly want to experience everything Niagara Falls has to offer, then we recommend taking a boat ride. There are several different boat rides you can take, but we recommend going on the Hornblower. The Hornblower is a cruise ship with several different tours. There are tours that take you to the Horseshoe Falls and others that take you to Niagara on the Lake. One of the best parts about the Hornblower is that it takes you close enough to the falls so you can touch them.
Whether you’re visiting the falls for the first time or you’re a seasoned pro, there is always something new and exciting to see. Niagara Falls is a must-see and is great for all ages.