Thailand is one of the most visited travel destinations in the world. It boasts an abundance of stunning natural attractions, tropical islands, and historical sites. With so much to see and do, it’s no wonder that more than 39.7 million travelers visited Thailand in 2018 alone. That number represents a 10% increase from the previous year, which suggests that tourism to Thailand will continue to grow in the years ahead. The Tourism Authority of Thailand has set a target of 40 million visitors by 2020. Read on for more information about traveling to Thailand as well as some helpful tips on how you can experience this wonderful country like never before!
Bangkok, Thailand’s capital city
If you’re visiting Thailand and Bangkok, the city is a must-see. Stunning temples, lively nightlife, and exotic markets are just some of the attractions you’ll find in this vibrant city. The Grand Palace is one of Bangkok’s most famous landmarks and a top spot on any traveler’s list of things to do in Bangkok. The palace is home to the Temple of the Emerald Buddha, which is the country’s most sacred Buddhist site. Another popular attraction in Bangkok is Wat Pho, a Buddhist temple known for its huge reclining Buddha statue. Other top attractions in Bangkok include the Temple of Fine Arts, the River City Shopping Center, and the Chatuchak Weekend Market.
Popular tourist destinations in Thailand
Bangkok: One of the world’s top tourist destinations and Thailand’s capital city Phuket: A tropical island known for its stunning beaches Chiang Mai: A cultural hub that’s home to many UNESCO World Heritage Sites Krabi: A popular beach destination with scenic limestone cliffs Ko Samui: A tropical island that’s home to many waterfalls Hua Hin: A beach town known for its many luxury hotels and resorts Koh Tao: An island known for its diving sites and underwater wildlife Sukhothai: A UNESCO World Heritage Site and Thailand’s first capital city Chiang Rai: A mountainous tourist destination that’s home to many temples
Pang Nga Bay
If you’re visiting Thailand, you must visit Pang Nga Bay. This stunning bay is known for its limestone cliffs and dramatic rock formations. Besides the stunning scenery, tourists can also visit the Pang Nga Bay Wildlife Sanctuary to see a variety of wildlife, including leopards, bears, monkeys, and many other species. Another popular destination in this area is the Pinnacles. These rock formations are located in a nearby river. Pinnacles are best visited at night when they’re illuminated with colorful lights.
Pee Pee Island
Another popular destination is Pee Pee Island, which is located in the Surin Islands Marine National Park. Pee Pee Island is home to an extremely rare species of long-tailed monkeys, making it a popular destination for nature lovers. Pee Pee Island is only accessible by boat, and visitors can see the long-tailed monkeys from a lookout point. Pee Pee Island is also home to many other species of wildlife, including sea turtles, birds, and snakes.
Things to do in Bangkok and Thailand
- Explore the Grand Palace: The Grand Palace is one of the most famous attractions in Bangkok and a must-see for any traveler.
- Visit the Temple of the Emerald Buddha: Located within the Grand Palace, the Temple of the Emerald Buddha is the most sacred Buddhist site in Thailand.
- Visit Wat Pho: Another popular Bangkok attraction is Wat Pho, a Buddhist temple known for its huge reclining Buddha statue. - Explore the River City Shopping Center: This popular shopping and entertainment center is a top attraction in Bangkok.
- Visit the Chatuchak Weekend Market: This weekend market is one of Bangkok’s top attractions and a great place to buy souvenirs.
- Explore the Temple of Fine Arts: Another must-see in Bangkok is the Temple of Fine Arts, which is home to many beautiful works of art.
- Visit Pinnacles: One of the top attractions in Pang Nga Bay, Pinnacles are best visited at night when they’re illuminated with colorful lights.
- Explore Surin Islands Marine National Park: An amazing marine park, Surin Islands is home to Pee Pee Island, a popular destination for nature lovers. - Visit Sukhothai: This UNESCO World Heritage Site in Thailand’s first capital city.
If you’re planning a trip to Southeast Asia, then you should consider visiting Thailand. This beautiful country boasts a wide range of attractions, from bustling cities to tranquil beaches. Indeed, Thailand is one of the world’s most popular travel destinations, so you’re sure to have an unforgettable experience when you visit. If you’re visiting Thailand, you must explore the Grand Palace, Wat Pho, the River City Shopping Center, and the Chatuchak Weekend Market. You should also visit the Temple of the Emerald Buddha and Pinnacles, and make sure to explore Surin Islands Marine National Park, too.